5th December 2007
16th May 2007
2nd April 2007
Posted by whenever on Mar-31 12:39 PM
I was in this great relationship with a lovely young lady for about 6 months, we were out on a date on March 31st , after midnight I suddenly realized it was officially April Fools Day, so on the way back to the T station as we were walking through Boston Common I stopped her at a park bench got down on one knee and proposed to her, as tears flowed down her cheeks, she said YES! Then I stood up to hug her and said "April Fools Baby". She didn't talk to me for about 3 days, but showed up at my door with roses, because should couldn't resist my charming personality, and good looks.
8th March 2007
1. Don't tell me I'm fat, or that my boobs are too big to wear a strapless dress. I may be fat and have big boobs, but I'm still 30 years younger than you are. Besides, I can lose weight; you can't turn back the clock. Oh, and it's rude.
2. Don’t tell me that the venue/caterer/reception/decorator/flower
3. Don't spend three years bugging me about centerpieces only to change your mind and make something TOTALLY apart from my theme 2 months before the wedding. I don't care what you do, just get it done already. Piss or get off the pot.
4. Don’t tell me to match my flowers to the girls’ dresses. Don't tell me to match anything period. This is not the 50's, we are not Step ford wives. I do not need identical triplets as my wedding party.
5. Don’t ask me to invite more of your friends that I don't know, haven't met, and who don't know me. If they can't identify the bride and groom without the white dress and tux, they shouldn't be at my wedding.
6. Don’t call me 23 xs in one week, 12 Midnight, with your latest crisis. Your husband is an adult; he can pick out his own tux. I don't need to do that for you. Quit finding things to complain about. Just show up and shut up.
7. I don't care what you want, this is not for you. It's for me. You've gotten more than your share in this wedding, so stop acting like a spoiled child who wants more dessert. You got your share of the pie, so quit sticking your finger in everyone else's.
8. I am not one of the kids in your kindergarten class. Do not tell me my ideas are wrong, do not tell me what I want is wrong. No one died and made you god of the wedding universe. If I want to register for 83 wine glasses, I will. It's none of your beeswax.
9. If you don't like the food, don't eat it, if the cake is too sweet, leave it on the plate. You will survive one meal, so stop the blubbering.
10.If you agreed to be in the wedding party, don't ignore the one and only email I've asked you to reply to. AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE send back the RSVP. Of course I know you're coming, but I gave you stamped envelopes…return it!!
11. When I tell you about us getting our hair done at the salon, DONT tell me that the ONLY hairstylist that can touch your hair is the hairstylist I am using. She is not cutting your hair, she is only curling it, and can you just let it go for one freaking day!?
12. Don't bug me incessantly about making the centerpieces only to tell me 3 months before the wedding that you think they look shabby and then go and order whole new ones. Yes thank you that you paid for the new ones but now I have 7 "shabby" centerpieces that I spent money and time on that I DO NOT NEED!
13. Don't tell me that our guests will be hungry again at 11pm, so I should have sandwiches or other food on top of the wedding cake and tea. If they are hungry after eating cocktails at 5, and then the big dinner at 6:3pm, then they can stop by McDonald’s on the way home!
14. Please Don't keep asking if you are invited, I barely ever see you, you know nothing about me or my fiancé, and if I invite you I have to invite every other second cousin which adds up to about 15 other people that we also never see or talk to and have to pay for with our tiny budget.
15. A Funeral is NOT that great of a place to invite yourself to a wedding. Especially when you have only just met my fiance, or myself, just a few minutes prior.
Thank you and have a nice day.
6th March 2007
11th September 2006
maggie sottero site
19th October 2005
30th August 2005
2. Your SO’s Name: Jeff
3. Your Age: 29
4. Your SO’s Age: 31
5. Where are you from: Portland, Oregon
6. Wedding Date: June 24th 2006
7. How did you meet: Ok, this is an almost embarassing story, but had it not yeilded me Jeff, I wouldn't retell it. :o) I was a member of a huge gaming forum, and it was mentioned that if you made a bogus Hot or Not account, and put your ad up for locals to meet you can see all the local people in your area. I did, and it was even mentioned in my bio that I wasn't taking this seriously. But Jeff was persistant with sending me mail, and I finally agreed to meet him. We went to dinner on a Friday night, and our date lasted the whole weekend. This was 2 1/2 yrs ago.
8. Any children: I have 3, 1 girl and 2 boys age 11, 9, and 6. He has 2 boys, age 11 and 7. No we don't plan on having anymore.
9. Best thing about being married/engaged: Everything!!
10. Have you read the rules and agree to abide by them:Yes
11. How did you hear about us: Community search
12. Anything else you’d like to add: The proposal was the best, we had taken all the kids to the beach for one last summer trip, and I wanted a picture of Jeff and I with Haystack Rock in the background. I knew the pose I wanted also so I tried to get him to do it and he starts taking off my promise ring.. It still hasn't dawned on me yet, I was just confused as to why he was taking it off.. And then he got down on his knee and I honestly thought he was goofing around and getting a bogus picture for fun. And then he said "I know I don't have the real ring yet, but this will have to do. Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, this is my lame poem to ask if I can marry you." I think that's about the time the was taken was when I realized he was serious and he was actually proposing to me. I cried. :o) Here's the pic: http://www.pbase.com/naffro/image/48342